Cocaine Sale / Distribution
Cocaine Sale and Distribution | Legal Services for Metro Houston
If you have been charged with cocaine sales and distribution, you need to immediately contact an attorney skilled and experienced at handling cases involving drug offenses and protecting your rights against the severe criminal penalties you may face in a court of law. Call the law office of Michael Lamson, Houston, Houston, Texas, if you have been arrested and charged with cocaine sales and possession, which is considered drug trafficking in the State of Texas. Charges of cocaine possession may be heightened to the offense of cocaine sales and distribution, depending on the amount of the drug involved in the particular case. Get in touch with the Michael Lamson Attorney at Law to find out your options in the defense of your cocaine sale and distribution case.
Defending Those Charged with Cocaine Sales and Distribution
A charge of cocaine sales and distribution is considered a serious felony in the eyes of the law in Texas. If you are facing drug trafficking charges involving cocaine, you will need the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney who understands the legal options available and who will strongly fight for your rights every step of the way. Michael Lamson attorney at law, Houston, has assisted defendants in cases involving drug trafficking, including cocaine sales and distribution, since 1979. Call us to review the facts in your case and to develop a legal strategy to achieve your best possible outcome. Contact our team for a free, no-obligation consultation for your cocaine sales and distribution case.
Offenses involving the sale of any amount of cocaine are in Texas as felonies. Criminal penalties differ depending upon the amount of cocaine involved in the case.
- Sale of cocaine of less than one gram is a state jail felony.
- Sale of cocaine of one to four grams is a second-degree felony.
- Sale of cocaine of four to 200 grams is a first-degree felony.
- Sale of cocaine of 200-400 grams warrants 10-99 years to life in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice institution and a possible $100,000 fine.
- Sale of cocaine of 400 or more grams warrants 15-99 years in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice institution and a possible $250,000 fine.
- Sale or delivery of cocaine to a minor under 17 who is enrolled in school is a second-degree felony.
- Sale of cocaine within drug-free zone implements penalties being doubled.
Serving Metro Houston with Legal Assistance in Cocaine Sale and Distribution Cases
The Texas law office of Michael Lamson provides legal services for those accused of the sale and distribution of cocaine in the following communities and jurisdictions:
- Northwest Houston
- Brazoria County
- Fort Bend County
- Harris County
- Montgomery County
- Federal cases for U.S. District Courts