Marijuana Sale / Distribution
Marijuana Sale and Distribution | Criminal Defense Lawyer for Metro Houston
Even though several U.S. States have decriminalized marijuana and even legalized medical and recreational use of marijuana, Texas identifies marijuana as a controlled substance and as illegal to possess, sell or distribute it. Know your rights and the degrees to which Texas penalizes people charged with marijuana sales and distribution by contacting the Law Office of Michael Lamson, Houston, Texas. We have represented those charged with drug offenses, including marijuana sales and distribution, since 1979, and know the intricacies of drug and marijuana laws in Texas and how to effectively defend against them.
Metro Houston Experts in Cases Involving Marijuana Sales and Distribution
Connect with the experts in marijuana sales and distribution cases in Metro Houston to protect your rights. Call the law office of Michael Lamson if you or a family member has been involved in a drug arrest. Our team has been highly successful in representing victims in cases involving marijuana sales and distribution cases. Call for a convenient, free, no-obligation consultation to discover the facts about your marijuana sales and distribution case.
It is against the law in Texas to cultivate, grow or manufacture marijuana or possess the drug with the intent to cultivate grow or manufacture it. Criminal penalties differ depending upon the amount involved in the case and whether the offense took place in a drug-free school zone. Sales or distribution of seven grams or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor offense in Texas. Sales or distribution of seven grams to five pounds of marijuana is a felony offense in Texas.
- Marijuana cultivation of a quarter ounce or less may lead to a fine of up to $4,000, up to one year in jail, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than a quarter ounce up to five pounds of marijuana may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, 180 days to two years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than five to 50 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, two to 20 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than 50 to 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, five to 99 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $50,000, at least ten and up to 99 years in prison, or both.
Legal Experts in Houston for Marijuana Sales and Distribution Cases
Call the law office of Michael Lamson, Houston, for expert legal representation in your marijuana sales and distribution case. We serve the Greater Houston Metro Area communities and jurisdictions of:
- Northwest Houston
- Brazoria County
- Fort Bend County
- Harris County
- Montgomery County
- Federal cases for U.S. District Courts