Marijuana Cultivation | Personal Injury Lawyer for Metro Houston
While several states in the United States recently have decriminalized marijuana possession and cultivation, and while several other states have legalized marijuana possession and cultivation for medical and for recreational use, marijuana possession and cultivation is illegal in Texas. If you have been charged with marijuana cultivation, make sure you retain the experienced legal services of marijuana cultivation attorney Michael Lamson, Houston. The legal team at the Law Office of Michael Lamson is ready and able to assist you in your marijuana cultivation case and help you navigate through the complexities of the legal system in cases involving drug offenses and marijuana cultivation. Call the Law Office of Michael Lamson, P.C., Houston, highly experienced in criminal defense cases involving drug offenses, including marijuana cultivation.
Experienced Attorneys for Marijuana Cultivation Cases
It is against the law in Texas to cultivate, grow or manufacture marijuana or possess the drug with the intent to cultivate grow or manufacture it. Criminal penalties differ depending upon the amount involved in the case and whether the offense took place in a drug-free school zone.
- Marijuana cultivation of a quarter ounce or less may lead to a fine of up to $4,000, up to one year in jail, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than a quarter ounce up to five pounds of marijuana may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, 180 days to two years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than five to 50 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, two to 20 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than 50 to 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, five to 99 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana cultivation of more than 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $50,000, at least ten and up to 99 years in prison, or both.
Seek Legal Assistance for Marijuana Cultivation Charges in Metro Houston
If you have a case involving marijuana cultivation, trust the highly experienced legal team at the law office of Michael Lamson, which has served Houston-area clients in drug offenses since 1977. Call us today if you have a question regarding your marijuana cultivation charge and find out about your legal rights in your case. Talk to us about your marijuana cultivation case today. Attorney Michael Lamson has earned five-star reviews from satisfied clients on the AVVO law directory. The Law Office of Michael Lamson has earned a perfect 5.0 peer-reviewed rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
Michael Lamson specializes in providing legal assistance for drug offenses, specializing in marijuana possession, marijuana cultivation and marijuana sales and distribution cases, serving communities and jurisdictions throughout the entire Houston Metro Area, including:
- Northwest Houston
- Brazoria County
- Fort Bend County
- Harris County
- Montgomery County
- Federal cases for U.S. District Courts